"May the inner and outer man be one."
Have you always wanted to try yoga, but are apprehensive? Or maybe you’ve tried and weren’t comfortable with it? A longtime teacher and practitioner, Karen has introduced many people – all ages, sizes and abilities – to the benefits of a regular yoga practice.
Yoga helps you sleep better. It helps relieve stress and anxiety. It improves your balance, strength, and endurance. It cultivates an awareness of your body’s abilities that you can carry over into other sports and into all aspects of your life. Why would you hold yourself back from easy access to all these benefits? Let go of the sense that you have to be good at yoga to do yoga. You just have to breathe.
Discover a doorway into the path of yoga that works just for you. Move, breathe, stretch, sweat, relax, and experience the deep calming, focusing and healing effects of yoga.
What Is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga therapy adapts the practice of yoga to the needs of individuals dealing with specific health issues—including injuries, illnesses, and temporary/chronic health conditions. Adapting Yoga to You
Yoga therapy uses specific postures, breathing techniques, deep relaxation, and meditation, adapting the practice of yoga to the unique needs of each individual. It benefits people of all ages, body types, and physical conditions, as well as those who have never tried yoga before.
Founded on ancient healing wisdom combined with new scientific and medical understanding,
yoga therapy empowers practitioners to manage physical conditions, reduce symptoms, and
address specific health concerns—including injuries, illnesses, and temporary or chronic health
Used effectively, yoga therapy aids the healing process, restore balance, and improve quality
of life for anyone and everyone.
Traditionally yoga was taught on a one-on-one basis. Many students still find the progress that they make when working individually rewarding.
Working individually may be a good choice for you if:
• You’re a beginner and you want to experience the benefits of yoga without being overwhelmed
• You want to step to the next level in your practice.
• You have injuries or health concerns. Working individually is essential when there are
• You want to work toward a specific physical goal such as increasing flexibility, balance or
• You want to target tight areas like hips, hamstrings, back, neck or shoulders.
• You want to increase your mental focus.
• You want to learn more about yourself, your behaviors/patterns, and discover your own
• You want to feel empowered through yoga postures and breathing
• You want to improve focus, calmness and creativity through meditation
During private yoga therapy sessions, you will learn how to work in a loving and compassionate way to restore your health on every level. A personalized program of postures, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques is specifically designed to help restore peace and balance in your life. Yoga has been thoroughly researched and found to be effective for a wide variety of health issues.
Yoga Postures: Asana
• Stretch, twist and tone the muscles of the body to relieve muscle pain and improve circulation.
• Lubricates joints to remove stiffness and pain.
• Massages and squeezes the internal organs to improve tone and function.
Yoga Breathing: Pranayama
• Increase oxygen to the blood
• Calms emotions and clears mind for clear thinking.
• Raise energy levels and increase vitality.
Yoga Relaxation: Meditation
We spend most of our lives looking outward to the world for peace and fulfillment. Through inner exploration, meditation awakens creativity, healing and transformation. Meditation allows us to explore our inner nature, restoring wellness in our lives.
• Generate deep relaxation
• The mind becomes concentrated and focused allowing you to see your patterns of behavior. When you can see the
cause, the solution is obvious.
Ideal for the busy professional, individual lessons work around your schedule to offer flexibility and personal attention. The focus is on you to fine tune your practice, address any health concerns, hasten your progress and/or save valuable time.
• Private Yoga Sessions are a wonderful introduction for those new to yoga, students looking for individual attention
with their yoga practice, or to students that are unable to attend regularly scheduled classes.
• Semi-Private Sessions can be shared between 3-4 students for additional savings.
Private session in your Home .......................................................… $75 / hour
Travel Fee: $90 / hour if more than a 30 min drive
Private one-on-one session in my Home ......................................… $60 / hour
Senior rate: $50 / hour
Small Group or Yoga Party (Groups of 5 or more) ........................... $15 / person
Corporate Yoga …............................................................................ $90 / hour
Pricing is negotiated based on type of business (for profit, non-profit, school, etc.), length of class, number of classes per day/week, length of contract (discounts are available for longer term contracts).
Individual Therapeutic Yoga Lessons
Ideal for individuals with physical limitations, related disability, recovery from surgery or illness and/or students who are unable to attend regular classes due to any health challenges.
Yoga Therapy is a holistic and therapeutic application of Yoga and Ayurveda. Whether its structural alignment, movement without pain, developing strength, flexibility, relaxation, yogic breathing, relaxation techniques, or creating your own safe, home practice, sessions are tailored to meet your goals and needs. As we tap into your body’s inner wisdom, your practice will be modified and the plan will change along with your changing needs.
Your yoga journey begins with a New Client Questionnaire and an in-depth personal consultation. Sessions begin with a postural evaluation, constitutional and conditional assessment. I will evaluate your current situation, determine the source of your challenges, gain an understanding of your habits, and discuss your goals. Together we will find the appropriate yogic tools that fit your needs. This in-depth assessment usually takes about 90 min.
Initial Assessment...........................................................................… $90 / hour
Online and personalized yoga classes also offered via Skype. Please email, call or text me if you are interested in this service.
Bartering is sometimes available for services I can use. Please feel free to email and ask if you have services to barter with.